“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
Dear Friend in Safety,
This note is an invitation to communities in Mississippi to initiate a KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25® campaign. Mississippi is one of two remaining states that have not yet initiated a campaign (Rhode Island is the other). Please forward to those you know who are concerned about neighborhood traffic safety.
Following are ways in which Mississippi communities can act to create safer roadways for the benefit of everyone.
- Be a catalyst for neighborhood/community involvement. All you need to get started is available for free at KKAD25 Start-up.
- Incorporate KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25® into your local Safe Routes to School initiative. For more information on Safe Routes in Mississippi, visit MS Safe Routes.
- Invite your local school to help seed the campaign in your community through a KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25® SCHOOL FUNDRAISER (Click here)
- Invite your workplace to become a corporate sponsor/partner. Contact 402-334-1391 or Tom@kkad25.org to talk about possibilities.
- Invite your local high school to create a safe-driving culture in their school - and in the community as well. (Click here to learn how)
- Your community can also benefit from on-site support to develop your community neighborhood traffic safety plan. Call 402-334-1391 or e-mail Tom@kkad25.org for information.
May you and all you care for have a safe, peaceful, and relaxing summer.
“Don’t Let the 2 Minutes You ‘Save’
Be the Last 2 Minutes of Someone’s Life.”
Adapted from David Townsend (Tia’s father)
Executive Director - KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25® - A “For Action” Organization -501(c) (3)
http://www.keepkidsalivedrive25.org/ – Keep up with the latest at the KKAD25 Blog.
Keep Kids Alive Drive 25® and related logos and slogans (Be Aware! Drive With Care®, Check Your Speed®/No Need To Speed®, Stop! Take 3 To See®, Stop Means Stop®, Seat Belts-FASTENATING!®, and It’s Not A Race! Create Space©) are registered trademarks/copyrights of Keep Kids Alive Drive 25, P.O. Box 45563 Omaha, Nebraska, 68145. No other entities may use these or similar marks without prior permission. Call 402-334-1391 for information.