“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
Dear Friend in Safety,
This note is about “Illinois Ideas.” When it comes to KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25®, Illinois communities have taken the lead with several first-time ideas in implementing local campaigns.
- The City of Bolingbrook – through the lead of their Police Dept. - taking on the role of the first city to pilot the campaign in September of 1999.
- Valley View Transportation is the first school bus company in the country to apply KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25® decals to the back of each school bus.
- The Mount Prospect Police Dept. is the first in the nation to apply the KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25® logo to a patrol car.
- The City of Oak Park is the first in the U.S. to utilize KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25® Avenue Banners to help get the message out in their community, which can be tailored to incorporate the name of your city or neighborhood.
- The DuPage County Sheriff’s Department served as catalyst for several communities initiating the campaign, including Addison, Bloomingdale, Glen Ellyn, and Darien.
Ideas for the Future
We look forward to supporting future growth of our traffic safety initiatives in Illinois. Here are some ways that you can help.
- Invite your workplace to become a corporate sponsor/partner. Contact 402-334-1391 or Tom@kkad25.org to talk about possibilities.
- Be a catalyst for neighborhood/community involvement. All you need to get started is available for free at KKAD25 Start-up.
- Incorporate KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25® into your local Safe Routes to School initiative. For more information on Safe Routes in Illinois, visit IL Safe Routes.
- Invite your local school to help seed the campaign in your community through a KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25® SCHOOL FUNDRAISER (Click here)
- Invite your local high school to create a safe-driving culture in their school - and in the community as well. (Click here to learn how)
Your community can also benefit from on-site support to develop your community neighborhood traffic safety plan. Call 402-334-1391 or e-mail Tom@kkad25.org for information.
Thank you for all you do to make your neighborhood and community safer for all of us each day. And may you and all you care for have a safe, peaceful, and relaxing summer.
“Don’t Let the 2 Minutes You ‘Save’
Be the Last 2 Minutes of Someone’s Life.”
Adapted from David Townsend (Tia’s father)
Keep Kids Alive Drive 25® and related logos and slogans (Be Aware! Drive With Care®, Check Your Speed®/No Need To Speed®, Stop! Take 3 To See®, Stop Means Stop®, Seat Belts-FASTENATING!®, and It’s Not A Race! Create Space©) are registered trademarks/copyrights of Keep Kids Alive Drive 25, P.O. Box 45563 Omaha, Nebraska, 68145. No other entities may use these or similar marks without prior permission. Call 402-334-1391 for information.