6th Annual Keep Kids Alive Drive 25 Day Arrives May 1st.
Check out participating communities at KKAD25 Day.
Every one of us can participate in Keep Kids Alive Drive 25® Day by practicing the following behaviors:
- Walk around your vehicle before getting in and starting the ignition. Make sure the coast is clear of children, or people of any age, before backing out or moving forward.
- Turn off and set aside your cell phone before putting the key in the ignition. A lifetime of regrets can be avoided by making this simple action a habit. Hang up and drive to keep everyone alive!
- Make sure all are buckled up every trip and that children are in appropriate safety seats.
- Drive the speed limit, or appropriately slower due to presence of pedestrians, children at play, cyclists, and weather conditions.
- Stop at every single stop sign on every occasion you have to do so. 200 deaths each year could be prevented if only we would take the time to Stop! Take 3 To See at every stop sign.
- Leave 3-4 seconds between you and the vehicle in front of you. The life you save may be your own.
- Observe all traffic signals and signs. Laws governing observance of these are designed to preserve lives, not to cause drivers any inconvenience. Spend time at a stop-light observing what is going on around you so that you are ready to proceed safely, and to keep others safe as well.
Visit Repetition - The Key to Keeping Kids Alive for information to copy and forward to others via facebook, e-mails, community, school, and company newsletters.
Tips for Parents can be found at “10 Ways to Say I Love You.”
"It's About Kids! It's About Safety!
It's About Caring! It's About Time!®"
Keep Kids Alive Drive 25® - A Non-Profit "For Action" Organization 501(c)(3) www.KeepKidsAliveDrive25.org
12418 C Street
Omaha, NE 68144
We depend on the generosity of our donors to keep our mission alive. Your generous giving keeps kids living. Donate at KKAD25 Donate. Thank you.