Dear Friends in Safety,
Midweek, October 7th, is International Walk to School Day, a time to promote and celebrate the benefits of walking and biking to and from school (something that was a regular occurrence in 1960’s, but has fallen off to about 16% of students in recent years).
In addition, this week, October 5-9, is National “Drive Safely to Work Week” sponsored by the Network of Employers for Traffic Safety (NETS) in partnership with EcoDrivingUSA.
These two events falling in the same week remind us that safe driving contributes not only to workplace safety and the safety of employees driving to and from work, but also helps to create safer environments for children to walk and bike to and from school.
Traffic safety is indeed a community effort. Our behaviors behind the wheel affect our own safety, the safety of passengers, and the safety of all who walk, ride, or play in environments surrounding roadways. This week is a great time for schools and businesses to join together in developing intentional plans to engage and educate citizens of all ages to create safer roadway environments for the benefit of us all. In short, make Keep Kids Alive Drive 25® the business of your business, school, and neighborhood, and whole community as you promote safe driving among employees both on and off the job and for all who walk and ride. Take your first step by integrating one or more of our initiatives into your efforts.
- Keep Kids Alive Drive 25® - Promotes observing the speed limit on residential roadways (and oftentimes school zones), and going slower due to the presence of pedestrians, cyclists, and children at play. What happens in neighborhoods and school zones makes a difference in the workplace – whether it is an employee driving to or from work or driving a company vehicle in a neighborhood.
- Stop! Take 3 To See® - Promotes the correct way to obey a Stop Sign, how to cross the street correctly, and can be used at unsignalled railroad crossings. See STOP! TAKE 3 TO SEE Flyer.
- Seat Belts-FASTENATING!® - Promotes seat belt use by drivers and passengers. It’s about people, not a ticket. For more information visit Seat Belts-FASTENATING!
- It’s Not A Race! Create Space© - Targets tailgating and safe space management between vehicles. Visit It’s Not A Race! Create Space
- Be Aware! Drive With Care® - Promotes awareness of safe driving practices on all roadways.
- Check Your Speed®/No Need To Speed® - Promotes observance of the speed limit on all roadways.
Visit KKAD25 Start-up or contact email@example.com/402-334-1391 to make a difference today and everyday. It’s good for your business, it’s good for your neighborhood, it’s good for your school, and it’s good for your community.
Thanks to all who have responded by donating to support the mission of KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25®. We continue to need your financial support. Donate to support the mission of at KKAD25 Donate. Your generous giving keeps kids living!
“Don’t let the two minutes you ‘save’ be the last two minutes of someone’s life.” David Townsend (Tia’s Dad).
Keep Kids Alive Drive 25® and related logos and slogans (Be Aware! Drive With Care®, Check Your Speed®/No Need To Speed®, Stop! Take 3 To See®, Stop Means Stop®, Seat Belts-FASTENATING!®, and It’s Not A Race! Create Space©) are registered trademarks/copyrights of Keep Kids Alive Drive 25, P.O. Box 45563 Omaha, Nebraska, 68145. No other entities may use these or similar marks without prior permission. Call 402-334-1391 for information.