12 – The predicted depth in inches of snowfall in Omaha, Nebraska (the home base for KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25) today. With numbers – like snow depth, wind speed, wind chill - flying around like snowflakes today, it seems a good time to look at the numbers behind KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25® in 2009. Here goes!
- 89 – Communities that initiated/expanded their Keep Kids Alive campaigns. These include our first campaigns in Idaho – Pocatello – and in the Bahamas.
- 1,100+ - Number of communities that have initiated a campaign thus far – represents 48 States, 2 Canadian Provinces, and the Bahamas.
- 75 – Current number of votes KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25 has received in the Chase Community Giving Challenge. Vote for KKAD25 right now at KKAD25 Chase Community Giving. The contest to qualify to win $25,000 to support our mission ends this Friday, December 11th.
- 14,400 – The amount of money raised by six students in the Colts Neck High School (NJ) Law Enforcement and Justice Program through their first “Keep Kids Alive 5K – Run Faster, Drive Slower” road race. The money is being used to seed KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25® in Monmouth County communities. A new class of seniors is planning the 2nd Annual 5K for the spring of 2010.
- 32 – The number of family members – sons, daughters, moms, dads, brothers, sisters, friends – we ran in memory of on our 3rd Annual “Run to Remember” as part of the Pike’s Peak Ascent Trail Race in Colorado. We will run in memory of even more loved ones in 2010. We welcome sponsors to underwrite the cost of “Run to Remember” t-shirts for the members of all families whose loved ones we run to remember.
- 4 – Number of runners who raised funds for KKAD25 through a road or trail race this year – Austin Marathon and Pike’s Peak Ascent Trail Race. Check out how you can do so this year at Make Every Run and Ride One to Remember!
- 2,147 – Supporters who have joined our KKAD25 Facebook Cause Page
- 9 – Current number of corporate donors supporting our mission. These include Ford Motor Company Fund’s Driving Skills for Life, High Point/Teachers’ Insurance of NJ, GEICO, Wells Fargo Bank, US Bank, Safeco Insurance, Polivka International, Central States Insurance, and JDJ Sales, LLC
- 123 – Number of individuals who have donated to support our mission through the KKAD25 Donor Page or Network for Good (13 of whom are monthly donors).
- 2 – Number of new laws inspired by the mission of KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25. 1 in Miami Lakes, Florida in memory of Shaye Martin and 1 in Texas, an outgrowth of earlier legislation (2005) in memory of Kyle Foster.
- 2 – Also the number of our supporters who invited family and friends to make a donation to KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25 in honor of their birthday this year.
- 1 new campaign, It’s Not A Race! Create Space©, initiated in memory of James Davis.
- 1 – Represents you; the one person who can make a difference each day to make roadways safer. Continue to be aware and drive with care throughout the holidays and into the New Year.
Thank you all for your support and efforts on behalf of KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25®, and the best to you and all your loved ones in this Holiday Season.
“Don’t let the two minutes you ‘save’be the last two minutes of someone’s life.”David Townsend (Tia’s Dad).
KEEP KIDS ALIVE DRIVE 25® - A Non-Profit "For Action" Organization 501(c)(3)